Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Irrelevancy Of Steve Flowers

When I pick up my local paper(s) and look for a good column about Alabama, What do I find? Steve Flowers, that's who. Now, I hate to knock Steve, afterall he does HAVE a column, but where is Bob Ingram when you need him? Take this week's for instance:

‘Big Jim’ went to people

Why this column is trash:

It offers nothing new to the conversation about Alabama politics. I am 25-yrs. old and I know how Jim Folsom campaigned. I mean, my parents were barely born, and I know that he went around on a truck with a broom and a band. I know that he was elected twice (1946 & 1954) and I could expound on what he ran on and what he did as Governor. We actually have competitive races for both parties nominations and I am reading a fairly bland and undetailed column about Jim Folsom Sr. I don't want Steve to lose his column, because then I would get practically nothing, but he is desperately in need of some competition.