Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lieberman Seeks To Block "Public Option"

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site96/2009/0902/20090902__cp0903stlieberman~01_300.jpg
Not long after Harry Reid announced that the Senate version of the health-care reform bill would have a public option, former Democrat and Republican apologizing Independent Joe Lieberman is threatening to old up a cloture vote on the bill to avert passage:h
"I told Senator Reid that I'm strongly inclined - I haven't totally decided, but I'm strongly inclined - to vote to proceed to the health care debate, even though I don't support the bill that he's bringing together because it's important that we start the debate on health care reform because I want to vote for health care reform this year. But I also told him that if the bill remains what it is now, I will not be able to support a cloture motion before final passage. Therefore, I will try to stop the passage of the bill."
I have given up on understanding Lieberman. Anyone care to opine about what he's thinking?