Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yuma

Every once in a while I treat myself on a journey to a comfortable overnight resting point. Last night it was at the Yuma Motel in Taipei County. With weekday rates at almost 50% of Fri-Sun rates, I couldn't resist booking a night in a room that features all the advantages of a hotel with the bonus of space to fit in a spa ...

1. The garage is immaculate ...
2. Inside I find a large soft bed and a separate KTV room ... (the selection of English songs was limited)

3. Bathroom prep area. The toilet is around the wall to the right.

4. The end of the spa room. Note the option of standard shower and 'raining' shower as well as (top left) a waterfall feature that is like standing in a warm typhoon without the wind.

5. I am useless with my camera. This was the best picture of the spa area that I could get with a flash. The back pool is the hot tub / jacuzzi and the one at the front is larger and for cooler water.

6. The hot tub all lit up. Attention is given to lighting that adds a touch of romance to the spa experience ....

7. The lights are also built into the cool pool to very nice effect ...

... all that for NT$3600 which I think is a steal. I stayed there from 6pm til 10am the next morning. If I had the budget I would stay at motels over hotels any day. Two things that the UK desperately needs: 1. Decent pool / spa facilities for plebs like me in every town and 2. high class motels on commuter routes in Cornwall, the north and Scotland.