Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ping Golf - A Stand Up Group of Folks...


On Sunday, I blasted Mark Calcavecchia for his comments about having to play with "Chops" in the Pro-Ams. I encouraged the members of Bushwood to contact his sponsors and let them know how we felt about his comments.

Being someone who likes to lead by example, I decided to call Ping Golf directly and voice my opinion.

I talked to a couple of folks there, and quickly got a call back from the guy who handles PGA relationships (Chance). He was aware of the comments, but offered no official response. That's totally cool with me - I have no beef with Ping, and no desire to hang this on them. I AM, however, super impressed with the responsiveness of the folks at Ping. To each of the folks I spoke with there, a tip of the hat, and the next cold one is on me.

A picture of one of my favorite Ping players, Hunter Mahan, is shown above....