Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Byrne Touts Creationism











I must admit I have followed the ad wars b/t Bradley Byrne and his other GOP hopefuls, but I didn't get around to reading his press release post-PAC attack ads until it hit TPM today. I must say I found this quite interesting:
"As a Christian and as a public servant, I have never wavered in my belief that this world and everything in it is a masterpiece created by the hands of God," Byrne wrote. "As a member of the Alabama Board of Education, the record clearly shows that I fought to ensure the teaching of creationism in our school text books."
Putting religion aside, which is what school boards should do, can anyone actually believe a major candidate for Governor said this. I mean, I know what state I live in, but I just don't think most people down at the church actually want religion taught in school. Anyway, I was just awe struck.

H/T - TPM