Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Short Statement of Support For Taiwan

I produced this video to show my support for Taiwan. I hope others can make their own using the same text and post to their blogs / Facebook etc, in English, Mandarin, Hoklo, Hakka and Austronesian languages.

Text Here:

My name is ______________ and I love this country, Taiwan.  I recognise that Taiwan is a sovereign and independent democratic country.  I do not recognise the existence of the 1992 Consensus and I do not accept any interpretation of the 'One China Principle' that includes Taiwan. I will not be celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Republic of China. I support any party that wishes Taiwanese to solely determine their own future free of any form of coercion.


我的名字是 ______________,我愛這個國家,台灣。我承認台灣是一個主權獨立的民主國家。我不承認九二共識的存在,我不接受任何包含台灣在內的'一個中國原則'解釋。我不會慶祝中華民國的第一百週年。我支持任何政黨--其同意台灣人民在不受任何形式的脅迫下獨立決定自己的未來。