Sunday, October 26, 2008

I called one of my friends who works closely with McCain on his campaign in D.C. to discuss with her the affects of the most recent polls on the moral of the headquarters. After she gave me a long description of what major states he needed to win in order to win the election she then proceeded to describe the atmosphere around her. She started by saying she felt like it was a sinking ship. To me having a member of John McCain’s campaign committee compare everyone’s moral to a sinking ship was not a promising thing. She followed her statement by saying everyone was just really down about the polls and the reaction from the last debate. She said he (Senator McCain) needed to have a “slam dunk” debate in order to stay in the running and it was perceived by the media to be sub-par at best. Not that the media, for the most part, would be giving him rave reviews.


When I hung up I began thinking, if someone is going to put that much work into something then they might as well finish on a high note. I felt that if the Senator and everyone else who worked under him already felt the loss coming then they were definitely going to loose. I think he should fight the good fight and push forward full steam ahead. I would expect both candidates, who are fixing to sign their lives over to the United Stated of America, to at least give a full effort to become the President. I think Senator McCain needs to give everyone in his campaign a big pep talk.